At The Dissertation Coach, we are expert dissertation coaches. Dissertation coaching will help you change your approach to your dissertation or thesis so that you are motivated, productive, and able to work in a wise, consistent manner. Our trained coaches understand the needs of graduate students and what it takes to be successful in graduate school.
Our dissertation coaches will help you become a better project manager of your dissertation or thesis by teaching you how to structure the process and create realistic work plans you can achieve. Our coaches will also help you work effectively with your chairperson and committee and overcome psychological barriers to finishing such as anxiety, fear, negative thinking, procrastination, perfectionism, and writer's block. We have coached thousands of graduate students to complete doctoral dissertations and master's theses.
Each of our dissertation coaches has many years of experience working with graduate students and has been highly successful in helping people finish their dissertations and theses once and for all.
If you require technical assistance with your dissertation or thesis, please visit our Consulting and Statistics pages to learn how we can guide and mentor you to successfully carry out your dissertation or thesis study.
What is dissertation coaching?
- Dissertation coaching is a service designed around your needs to help you successfully complete your doctoral dissertation or thesis once and for all.
- It is a system of structuring the dissertation or thesis process to increase productivity so you make consistent and tangible progress.
- Dissertation coaching helps you identify and change beliefs and behaviors that interfere with your motivation and productivity.
- It involves providing meaningful accountability and a significant avenue for solving any problems or issues that interfere with your progress.
- Dissertation coaching provides you with the support you need to get motivated, stay motivated, and manage the inevitable challenges that arise during the dissertation process.
- Dissertation coaching can help students in the humanities, social sciences, and the hard sciences at any stage of research.
As your dissertation coach we will:
- Coach you to determine realistic short and long-term goals.
- Coach you to reduce procrastination and increase motivation.
- Coach you to make consistent progress towards meeting your goals.
- Coach you on any issue that interferes with your progress.
- Hold you accountable to specific daily and weekly goals.
- Help you manage the negative self-talk and self-doubt that is often associated with completing a dissertation.
- Help you change behaviors and habits that interfere with your motivation and productivity.
- Teach you time management and stress management techniques.
- Coach you to overcome challenges such as writer's block, organization issues, and perfectionistic writing.
- Help you reestablish contact with faculty or obtain readmission into a program if needed.
- Help you establish and maintain good working relationships with your dissertation chairperson and committee.
- Provide you with support and encouragement throughout the dissertation or thesis process.
- Help you prepare for oral proposal and defense meetings.
- Help you as you consider your career options and search for jobs.
How does dissertation coaching work?
- Dissertation coaching is delivered by telephone, Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or WhatsApp. We work with graduate students throughout the United States and internationally.
- Initially, we design an overall structure for completing your dissertation that includes a master timeline and weekly action plans to help you develop: 1) a sense of how long it will take you to finish and 2) a clear set of dissertation tasks you can complete on a weekly and day-to-day basis.
- We meet with you every week to review your progress, coach you to overcome internal and external challenges, and set new goals.
- As dissertation coaches, we help you maintain an accurate and realistic work plan to keep you on track.
- We provide unlimited email and/or text communication as a way to support you, intervene when problems arise, create a sense of accountability, and keep you on task.
- Dissertation coaching is provided on a monthly basis. There are no long-term commitments to make.
Do I need a dissertation coach?
- Are you tired of working hard but cannot seem to make consistent progress?
- Do you feel stuck?
- Do you get caught in cycles of procrastination and self-doubt that interfere with your progress?
- Do you feel you need more accountability?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the dissertation process itself?
- Do you feel that the stress associated with the dissertation process is interfering with your ability to work effectively?
- Do you fear that you lack enough intelligence, creativity, motivation, or other necessary qualities to finish your dissertation?
- Do you struggle with perfectionism?
- Do you make new to-do lists on a regular basis that do not help you be more productive?
- Do you work full or part-time, have children, or health issues that make it difficult for you to find the time or stamina you need to consistently work on your dissertation?
- Are you frustrated by your inability to build or sustain motivation?
- Do you no longer live in the same state or city as your graduate program?
- Are you receiving inadequate support from faculty or your committee during the process of completing a dissertation?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, working with a dissertation coach can help you finish your dissertation or thesis.